Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

White Tongue & HIV
      #52386 - 12/27/02 12:45 PM

I had unprotected oral sex with a woman whose hiv status I am unsure of. It was at the tail end of her period but saw no blood anywhere. We did have intercourse as well but we usd a condom. The following morning I notice a white coating on my tongue that has remained there for over 2 weeks going on 3 weeks. I thought it would evenutally go way but it hasn't. I have no other symtoms that I am aware of, no fever, or sweats or rash's or any of the items people discuss here. Is this a possible symptom of HIV, I am waiting about another week to get tested to put myslef in the 30 day window, but should I be concerned?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: White Tongue & HIV new
      #52492 - 12/27/02 06:26 PM

Are you sure that you haven't had this white tongue thing before or maybe all along? Sometimes we start to notice things as "symptoms" when in fact it's something that's always been there. Aside from that, a white tongue can have many causes, and is in no way a sure sign of HIV infection. A white coating on the tongue is very common, especially during the cold months, and is a sign of dry mouth. Another cause of dry mouth/white tongue is emotional stress. If you're worried about HIV, wait a few weeks and go get a test. But don't a white tongue drive you crazy.

shadow1
Veteran

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: White Tongue & HIV new
      #52493 - 12/27/02 06:32 PM

Your sex was protected so your risk was minimal. There are many other things that cause your tongue to show a white film, but I am not a doctor and would never try to diagnose on line even if I were one. If it persists go see your doctor and see what he thinks.

The G-Man

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20722

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3