Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

hand job by prostitute
      #39045 - 08/29/02 09:13 PM

can you get hiv from a hand job by a prostitute???
Worried.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: hand job by prostitute new
      #39046 - 08/29/02 09:44 PM

Only if you can fly to the moon in an airbus.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

On the serious side.

No. HIV can not be transmitted that way.

There are only three ways HIV can be transmitted.

Sex: Vaginal, Anal and Receptitive (giving) oral sex.
Blood to blood via needles
Mother to child transmission during birth or breast feeding.

HIV has been around for over 20 years. How it is transmitted is well established. Any activity outside what is listed above will NOT lead to transmission.

Think about it. If a hooker could give you HIV because she put her HAND on you. You could just as easily get it from a Bank President that you shake hands with after transacting a business deal. HIV is NOT transmitted via the skin.

You need to go to the expert section and spend some time reading the Safe Sex and Prevention Q&A's. What you learn there could give you peace of mind.

Chris Nolan
Unregistered

#39049 - 08/29/02 10:05 PM

HIV can get through the skin of some parts of the body like the inner thighs where the skin is thinner. The hands no!!The skin is thick there!

Jackie_Blue
Legend

#39055 - 08/29/02 10:27 PM

Just what Medical Study did you read that in?

The skin is an effective barrier against the transmission of HIV no matter what part of the body. The epidermis is the same thickness throughout the body. HIV can ONLY pass into the body via a mucous membrane or directly into the blood stream (ie: needles)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39063 - 08/29/02 11:53 PM

I heard something like that as well. It said that hiv is too can be absorbed by the skin like medical creams can if the conditions are right like extreme dry skin. This is perhaps why its more prevelant in warmer climates like Africa.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

#39069 - 08/30/02 12:06 AM

I would suggest you both go read the Safe Sex and Prevention Q&A. Ryan Kull states over and over 'SKIN IS AN EFFECTIVE BARRIER TO HIV' I have NEVER seen him state skin is an effective barrier in some circumstances. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps what you read was talking about the following....

Warmer climates and what that may have to do with dry skin have nothing to do with the spread of HIV. The spread of HIV in Africa has several causes. They are cultural and socieconmical.

Too give a brief recap of an article Time Magazine ran about a year ago.

Most women in Africa are subserviant to men. Some women there are just now starting to take action to protect themselves by insisting a man use a condom. These women however are better educated, more urban, more exposed to Western ways, than most women in Africa.

There is a belief in Africa that if a man wants to avoid getting HIV, then the younger the woman the better the chances she is not infected. The problem is that quite a few of these men are already HIV . What they end up doing is passing the virus on to young women and girls. Not to get too graphic...but according to this article men in Africa as opposed to in other countries, like it dry. More dryness means more tearing and more abrasions to the mucus membrans of the vagina. That leads to increased infections. That's about as close as you are going to see to dry skin can cause transmission.

People with HIV in Africa are disowned by their families. Thrown out of their villages. Many HIV positive women in Africa end up on the streets with only one way to support themselves and their children (also HIV)...prostitution. Let's face it. Condoms aren't exactly used by prostitutes in Africa as they may be in developed countries.

Also, I would really like to know where you got this information on dry skin leading to transmission of HIV. Please post the links to the medical studies that state this.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39070 - 08/30/02 12:30 AM

Depends on if its a women or a man?

Susan
Unregistered

#39111 - 08/30/02 07:23 PM

Thats not true miss jackie whatever. The skin has various thickness levels in various areas. There have been cases where hiv was passed through thin skin sores. Where do you get your facts?? I would like to know.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6320

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3