Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
mandapanda3

Reged: 05/17/12
I Need Second Opinions!
      #263083 - 05/17/12 07:13 PM

Okay, I am so sorry you guys for this legnty post, but I am in great need of help...

My story begins of me meeting this guy, who I thought was nice.. but before I realized how crazy he was, it may have been too late. I received a message from him a week after I stopped talking to him that stated "oh, btw i have herpies!"

Well, I'm just going to shorten this up and start my symptoms..

Month and 1/2 after being with this guy I experienced:
Headaches (which is not uncommon for me, so I did not think nothing of it - not persistant but I'd say half of each week I'd experience one)
Yeast Infection
Heaviness in stomach(which felt like I constantly had to urinate)
Abdominal Cramping

Now, I went to the doctor for the above symptoms. Was checked for chlamydia, gonorrhea and yeast. Negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea, but treated for a yeast infection. Got freaked about the steroid cream I was prescribed to because it was topical but he was having me insert it, so I stopped and went to more natural remedies - plain yogurt.

Overall the feeling got better but..

A few weeks to a month after I had..
Heaviness in stomach area (still)
Pelvic Pain/Pain in clitoral region
Redness of the vagina
Developed VERY small white bumps (3) of them on the clit hood and on the sides of the inner labia (i think that is what it is called) now I'm not too sure about the bumps in the inner labia, I could have always had the because they simply look like ingrown hairs from shaving, but the ones on the clit hood are new.
Body Weakness/Muscle Pain
Loss of appetite
Lower back pain

I was tested for EVERY THING under the sun EXCEPT for HIV.
All of it was negative, even the herpies the previous boyfriend claimed to have given me.

I was diagnosed with: Vitamin D Defiency, Ruptured Ovarian Cyst and was prescibed with a steriod cream to help with the redness of vagina/pain in clitoral area and vitamin d

Now, It has been 2 months since all of those symptoms.. and now I feel fine besides that my vagina area will still look red at times, my clitoris will look like its irritated? sometimes a bluish color to it? But it is not constant. The few very small bumps are still on clit hood.. have not gotten bigger or smaller and my boyfriend claims there are fine hairs coming out of them and I indeed plucked one out of one of them but I really cannot see there good. And every now and then I will feel pain in my eyes. But, I also stare at a computer literally all day so, I'm not sure if that is from the straining? I also have a red throat and my tongue has a light colored coating, which I can scrape off with my tongue scraper, but it comes back everyday. I went from smoking half a pack of cigarettes a day to more than two packs a day in the past 5 months.

Another note is I have been with my new boyfriend, which has been my best friend for 10 years, for 5 months and he has not had any kind of unusual symptoms.

Now the fact that I have not been tested for HIV is getting to me. And I have linked my symptoms to HIV symptoms, but it is similar to a lot of other illnesses but everything I am experiencing is just odd on why it is happening.

Could anyone give me an opinion on what this could be?

p.s. - I am purchasing a at home test tonight.

Edited by mandapanda3 (05/17/12 10:51 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
Re: I Need Second Opinions! new
      #263090 - 05/18/12 01:38 PM

You don't say in what activities you engaged with this guy. If it was unprotected sex, you were exposed to all kind of STDs including HIV. By reading your post I think you are well beyond three months after exposure, so any test at this point would be reliable.

As you already know, symptoms don't tell if a person is infected, only a test at the appropriate time will tell your status.

If I was you, I would rather go to a laboratory to have my blood drawn than using a home kit.

Good luck and keep us posted!

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

mandapanda3

#263096 - 05/18/12 07:14 PM

Yes, Sadly it was unprotected. The at home test I ordered was for blood and I send it off to a lab for them to do the results.

I will keep ya'll posted whenever I get an answer!

But, does HIV show any genital symptoms?

Thank you very much for the reply.

ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
      #263097 - 05/18/12 07:20 PM

Look, HIV can be related to any kind of "symptom" but in order to know if someone is infected or not, you have to take a test, that's all. Infected people has different symptoms (or no symptoms at all). You did the right thing, you tested, so now you just have to wait.

Good luck, I am sure it will be fine!

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

mandapanda3

#263098 - 05/18/12 07:37 PM

Thank you, ashler.

Will stay posted.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2631

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3