Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
paranoiafreak
Regular

Reged: 04/13/12
Does anyone has dry mouth and neuropathy early HIV
      #262611 - 04/23/12 12:22 AM

Does anyone here experience persistent dry mouth and throat and white coated tongue and peripheral neuropathy (Burning, stinging, tingling feet and hands which is persistent?

This has occur after 3 months of lowgrade fever and 2 episodes of hives after fever subsides which lasts for 3 days each.

I was tested twice using a rapid test from CHINA which is BEIJING BIOD BIOTECH in a hospital using serum sample and both are non reactive. This was 2 months and 3 months post last possible protected exposure. 4 and 5 months post high unprotected exposure.

Could this be HIV?
Could i rely on my negative test?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Does anyone has dry mouth and neuropathy early HIV new
      #262616 - 04/23/12 12:44 AM

First and foremost no one here likes it when people post multiple posts asking the same question by the same person. It's rude and a waste especially when you have beaten the very same dead horse in another post till you can suck it up with a straw. That said I am going to give you a very very very good explanation to your problem that you probably won't believe but here it goes anyway.

Type 2 diabetes is well within what you described as your problem. Tingling in hands and feet, constant infections(explains the low grade fever) and constant thirst(dry mouth). It can also cause infections of the mouth. Exactly what you described.

HIV on the other hand, frequently no symptoms and if there are they are flu like and generally last up to 3 weeks then disappear till you have an opportunistic infection YEARS later and is contracted by unprotected sex NOT protected. Oh and also test positive.

So to go by your time frame and lasting symptoms do you risk liver, kidney, brain damage, loss of vision, a leg, etc to chase something you didn't even have a chance at having or do you go to a dr and have them do a fasting test on your blood sugar level and get treatment. I know I know then you wouldn't have something to spend your craziness on, I'm sure you can find other things to worry needlessly about like a zombie apocolopse.

paranoiafreak
Regular

#262618 - 04/23/12 02:06 AM

I am sorry for posting same question again.

I understand that diabetes can cause this but i already had my fasting blood sugar taken many times at it doesn't exceed the normal level. I had 90-100 fbs. I also had my thyroid panel done and they were normal.

That is why i am wondering what my problem is.

paranoiafreak
Regular

#262645 - 04/23/12 09:34 PM

I don't have diabetes and had checked by the doctor already, i also dont have thyroid problem.

I had unprotected receptive anal sex which is higly risky last august and i am so afarid because of my on ngoing symptoms to include burning and tingiling feet and hands and persistent dry mouth which i learned are common in HIV infected individuals.

I was afarid my tests gave me false negative results since the hospital used a rapid test which is not in the list of approved test by FDA .

Do you think i still; could rely on the test?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1454

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3