Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
darien

Reged: 12/21/11
Broken Skin On Nipples + Saliva. Should I Worry?
      #259561 - 12/21/11 03:45 PM

About three weeks ago I hooked up with this guy. We both went down on each other and kissed a lot. He got really rough with my nipples using his teeth. The next few days they were a little scabby. I then find out that the guy has HIV. He says that he is medicated and undetectable. I have become very worried about this. I never saw any actually blood on my nipples but the skin was definitely broken, since they became scabby. I'm just thinking if he possibly has bad gums that bleed easily with a little bit of suction... About ten days later I got very ill and threw up for about nine hours, my doctor told me it was acute gastritis. I thought that maybe it was because I had become infected. I had no fever though. Please let me know if I should be worried or not... cause I very much am already.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Broken Skin On Nipples + Saliva. Should I Worry? new
      #259563 - 12/21/11 08:18 PM

Ok so you're not worried about the oral acts performed on his no no region, but about sore nipples? Goes to prove you never quite hear it all till you are dead.

Not that you have much to worry about at all in either case. If you did possibly become infected through tortured nipples you would be the first. So rejoice you would be a medical oddity and celebrity! You may even get your own trailer...well at least a shared one.

If what you say is true for your exposure and his current condition, then your risk is the same as if you were with someone who is not positively charged.

darien

#259564 - 12/21/11 10:17 PM

Wow... thank you. For your compassion, empathy and sincerity. That's exactly what I needed to hear, a catty and queeny response. Sore nipples? I said they became scabby, therefore, were cut. No, I wasn't worried so much with the fellatio that was performed as I was with the broken skin on other regions of my body. 

kicker

Re: Broken Skin On Nipples + Saliva. Should I Worr new
      #259565 - 12/21/11 11:40 PM

Sorry if the humor was lost on you, but quite frankly your question is covered in health class 101 in 8th grade. Salavia does not transmit the virus even with trace amounts of blood. I think if you wanted compassion then you would have tried learning something about the virus. How do you think the ones that actually have it like myself feel when we read posts about ridiculious stories that people should know better than to ask ? Do you believe for one minute that it doesnt add to the stigma we already feel by people who are to lazy or unwilling to learn?

I answer alot of stupid questions and from very ignorant people. Forgive me for not letting you or any of the others that refuse to spend 5 minutes learning ruin my much more positive outlook on life. Also you got your answer. Sorry I didnt gift wrap it for you.

kicker

#259566 - 12/21/11 11:46 PM

Btw I was going for ironic and sarcastic, not catty and queeny I guess I wont be nominated for an emmy this year. Damn.

darien

#259569 - 12/22/11 12:25 PM

Being a cunt for no reason, you're doing it right.

darien

#259570 - 12/22/11 12:40 PM

Lazy? Unwilling? How dare you assume that I have never done any research about contracting HIV. I have, and I'm SO sorry that I don't have as much knowledge about it as you do. It hasn't been proven that you CAN'T get HIV through a human bite. So spare me your "irony and sarcasm", and take out your bitter and jaded aggression on somebody else that isn't looking for help. You have given me a great first impression to this "community".

kicker

#259571 - 12/22/11 01:53 PM

Put your anger where it belongs. Away. Here is the problem you are apparently upset about a non existant exposure possiblity. This being the case you assumed that I was being "cunty" and expected someone to cuddle you because of youre misplaced fear. You said it yourself there is no documented case that says one way or another that a bite transmits hiv. Dont you think that if it was possible that there would have been at least one in the last 30+ years. Kids bite, adults get rough.

I made light of your situation because humor defuses stress.you are concerned over nipple play but not concerned over the oral. Do you think that small unoticable scrapes dont happen during a blow job? Are you so sure of yourself that you cant see how terribly naive that is?

Quite frankly I really dont give a rats ass what you think of me or the "community" if you look through my posts you will find that I have been increditablly helpful and compassionate for those who have been respectful and humble enough to realize that their fears have been for not. Also you wil notice all my posts have humor in them. So have fun feeling sorry for yourself and how big bad me was "cunty" to you. Fact is you werent at risk and youre lack of concern for real exposure possiblities is going to place you at risk in the future. Grow up and take the advice in the spirit it was intended as a helpful and lighthearted approach to a serious stressful situation.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #259578 - 12/22/11 07:26 PM

Oh God, a Drama Queen calling someone else catty and queeny. Please.

You didn't have a risk and yes, quite frankly those of us that live with HIV don't have to put up with such ignorance that if you had bothered to listen in 8th grade health you wouldn't be asking today. There is nothing that says we have to suffer fools. It's because of people like you that I now hide my status and no longer work in HIV education awareness.

You didn't have a risk, now quit whining about that and go away.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #259590 - 12/24/11 12:14 AM

darien

#259593 - 12/24/11 01:31 PM

Quote:

it HAS been proven, in the fact that THERE is NO PROOF of transmission on ANY books via human bite or human saliva EVER!!!! is that enuf proof to knock ya off your high horse??? by the way, none of us are here to impress anyone

Oh really?

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q145017.html?ic=2003

You see what I did there? You have no idea what you're talking about.

darien

#259594 - 12/24/11 01:36 PM

I did learn something though... I learned that a major side effect, from being on hiv medications, is becoming an apathetic asshole. Thank you everybody.

kicker

#259596 - 12/24/11 05:12 PM

I would go into how crazy you sound, but why bother crazy people don't know they are crazy. Here is the facts:

The link to the drs answer if you had taken the time to read it and then follow up on it says there was one documented case. That the risk is greater for the biter not the person getting bitten. I actually know of what he is talking about.

In 1997 the CDC received a report from a state health department that a person claimed to have been infected via a severe bite where the other person had blood in their mouth and a lot of it. The CDC did not follow up on the report and conduct their own investigation, they just took the state departments report as fact for whatever reasons. Then the CDC decided that in extreme cases of trauma and the presence of blood that blood to blood transmission is possible from a bite. BUT they also said that they are suspicious of the facts around the report, and that it would have to be under the absolute right conditions for it to happen. For example you knock a few teeth out of the person who then turns around and bites a chunk off your ear right after they spit out the teeth.

As far as any of us being apathetic, I am actually sympathetic for you. You have allowed fear and anxiety to take hold over nothing, and are nothing but panic mode. If you weren't you wouldn't have lashed out in the manner you have and would have just moved on. The fact that you are reading what you want and touting it as proof you're infected substantiates my claim. We see someone in the same shoes at least once every other month. You will try to prove you are infected, show lots of links that prove you are infected, lash out, take god knows how many tests to prove us wrong, but in the end like so many before you will eventually come back saying how you are free of HIV, post how all the worried wells shouldn't worry, that or you will simply disappear being to proud to admit your foul. Don't believe me I will be happy to go back through just my posts and pull out all the ones that are just like you. Angry, combative, scared, finds whatever proof backs up their irrational claims. Hell just read through the forums, there are hundreds and even thousands of post exactly like you.

kicker

#259597 - 12/24/11 05:25 PM

As well here is another fact. Since I've been on here, not a single person that claims to be infected because of their outlandish story, has come back and said that they tested positive. And believe me when I say the story usually goes something like this:

I had sex with a _______ then a few days later I find out from someone that they are HIV positive. So now I am infected, its was a huge risk and I want to know my chances. Because all we did was (rub, suck, kiss, pinched, bit, etc) and I may have had or noticed later that there were small cuts, scratches, semen, vaginal fluid, blood present........

It's the same story every time. And every time like I said the person will go out of their way to tote proof of infection, be combative, tell us how we don't know shit, etc.

I say ok. You're right you have been infected. What do you want us to do? Go to a doc and be tested, then you can prove us wrong, and you too can start meds and be called an asshole, cunt, queen, catty, whatever by people just like you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10584

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3