Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
theman22
Regular

Reged: 05/01/11
skin rashes
      #256917 - 08/10/11 04:34 PM

i know that everyone says just because you have a rash doesnt mean you have hiv but i have had so many rashes in the past couple of months that its starting to worry me. they also seem like they never go away. i have all different rashes in all different places. none of them are that serve yet but the back of my fingers are the worst. they are like little flat bumps. color of sort of a whiteish pinkish or skin colored. some of them are raised and some are not. they are on both hands. also i have tiny cluster of bumps on my left side of my armpit. also there looks to be a stretch mark there with a pink color but idk if thats something else or really is just a stretch mark. also recently my skin started to peel on my arms chest back and bottom of my feet. and on my left elbow there are small bumps that are skin colored. none of these rashes itch or hurt. if anyone can try and help me maybe i can send you pictures to show you better.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: skin rashes new
      #256945 - 08/12/11 04:59 PM

have you gotten tested for HIV since the last time you posted? it should be outside of the window period by now if you haven't had any other possible exposures.

as for the rashes, time to see a dermatologist! and it doesn't matter how many rashes or what color or where you have them, you can't diagnose HIV based on rashes.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

rustychaucer5968
Fanatic

Reged: 08/10/11
      #256971 - 08/14/11 05:21 PM

Hi. I know it is so scary for anyone who has a rash to think about possible exposure to HIV. I, have been scared to death this past 4 years and recently develop rash on my chest and neck. I been tested 6 times with ElISA test (3 lab and 3 rapid clearview). All HIV test were Negative! But the rash on my upper arms and chest are reccurent bumps like, and scaring the hell out of me. I am swallowing phlegm and my back and chest hurt maybe because I am coughing. Well, I hope you are doing ok and less paranoid then me. I wish to GoD that this anxiety could go away. And by the way, my last at risk exposure was on October 2006! I tested from on then, all negative but I am thinking, am I late seroconverting?

theman22
Regular

#256972 - 08/14/11 05:42 PM

yea i always have a sore throat and phlegm in the back of my throat when i wake up. but if you have been testing since 2006 and there all negative. its negative. you are fine. you are just really paranoid. after 3 months a test is suppose to be conclusive. after 6 months is even more conclusive. and after a year if u have had no recent exposure then you 100 percent dont have hiv. im not as paranoid as u but u shouldnt be paranoid at all you should just move on and live your life. 6 years later and your still worrying about it.

rustychaucer5968
Fanatic

Reged: 08/10/11
      #256973 - 08/14/11 06:41 PM

Hey theman22,

Yea. I try to move on but this rash that keeps popping up. I have not been exposing my self since 2006. It is so good to know that you are not as paranoid as me. My life is a mess with this HIV obsession. But thank you for helping me! Anyway, rashes or what they call mine, folliculities sucks so bad.

theman22
Regular

#256975 - 08/14/11 07:27 PM

yea it sucks but your rash has nothing to do with hiv if you have been tested that many times. you probably just have a allergic reaction to some of the clothes you wear or maybe the air around you isnt healthy or the soap or detergent you use theres a lot of factors that it could be causing it and with your test since 2006 you shouldnt even be worried about hiv. i have only been tested once. i think back in jan or feb. and im pretty sure i tested after the 3 and 6 month window. but i have so bad memory it might have not even been 3 months.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
3 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5608

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3