Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
valerie

Reged: 07/09/11
desperate please help
      #256501 - 07/09/11 11:42 AM

Hi, I need advice on the ARS rash. Please first of all can anybody tell me if this sounds like the ARS rash.

On my stomach I have about 20 small 'pimple like' dots which have been there for 5 days. There is about 10 on each side. There are slowly scabbing up. Then today on one side I have a red blotch that is flat and pink?

Would this happen in the ars rash, 20 ish pimples and then a red blotch all on the abdomen?????

If its not what does the rash look like.

I am freaking out and would relaly really like some advice from somebody who is knowledgable in this.

Thanks so much

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: desperate please help new
      #256502 - 07/09/11 12:22 PM

Ok I need to ask a few questions. Have you shaven or waxed that area? What were your risks?

valerie

#256527 - 07/11/11 04:40 AM

No shaving or waxing, there is no hair in that area.

Risk was very brief (few seconds) unprotected sex. A few days after I got a terrible cold, then 12 days after I got this 'rash' on my stomach. Its about 10 spots on each side, raised as in like spots, light coloured and have now after about 5 days turned more into little scabs (not big ones more of just faded out).

Does the ARS rash fade or go away immediately? Does this pimple like rash sound like the ARS rash???

I have had no fever or sore throat. Did have a couple of mouth ulcers tho.

Does this sound consistent with ARS to you?

Thanks

valerie

#256549 - 07/12/11 06:06 AM

Anybody?? Please help, the info on the web is confusing about what an ARS would actually look like. I know nobpody can diagnose a rash online but......

Do about 15 little pimple like bumps on each side of my tummy sound like an ARS rash???

kicker

#256550 - 07/12/11 08:05 AM

The answer is no. Nothing sounds like ars until you test positive.

valerie

#256555 - 07/12/11 04:56 PM

Do you mean nothing I am telling you sounds like ARS or something different? Sorry I just don't really understand what you mean.

I am just looking for some info on the rash, thanks

kicker

#256556 - 07/12/11 05:02 PM

Everything sounds like ARS. That is the problem with symptoms, there is NO one symptom that is specific to ARS or initial HIV infection. You can not tell diddly squat from symptoms. It could it be that it's from detergent, a staph infection, impetigo, acne, a liver problem, stress, soap, dog hair, cat hair, dust mites, bed bugs, too much sun, etc, etc.

Nothing matches strict ARS symptoms because everything matches ARS symptoms. The only way to know for sure is to go get tested. If you are positive then its ARS symptoms, if your negative then it's One of The MILLION other things that causes the same symptoms.

valerie

#256559 - 07/12/11 05:41 PM

ok thanks, got it. The thing is from what I understand from the internet ARS rash is maculopapular but I don't really understand what that means or would look like. So..... does maculopapular look like pimples?

kicker

#256562 - 07/12/11 08:13 PM

Maculopapular Rash is not in of itself an indicative symptom of HIV. In fact Maculopapular Rash can be caused by a host of illnesses including but not limited to:

Measles
Scarlet Fever
Marburg Hemorrhagic Fever
Typhus Fever (caused by crabs/ body lice)
Epstein-Barr Virus
Syphilis
Scabies (This contagious infection causes itching and irritation of the skin)
Dengue (This highly infectious tropical disease is transmitted by mosquitoes and causes headaches, joint pains and skin rashes. In many people suffering from Maculopapular Rash dengue is found to be the prime cause.)
Chikungunya
Rubella
HIV-1
Low Cholesterol
Side effects of medicines like Cefobid and Cefoperazone Sodium. For Maculopapular Rash amoxicillin and similar antibiotic drugs are also responsible. You can also find these rashes in cancer patients who are using chemotherapy drugs for recovery.

The term Maculopapular comes from two words – “macules” meaning flat, small, non-elevated, discolored regions on the skin and “papules” meaning small, swollen bumps. Maculopapular Rashis characterized by certain areas of the skin turning red. Small lumps arise over these lumps. Sufferers of this condition can have both papules and macules on their skin.

Again just because it's a symptom of HIV doesn't mean it is. You could have easily picked up Scabies from someone or lice. Both are also considered STDs. So the answer is no way of knowing without a test, because symptoms are unreliable as a means of diagnosing HIV. Since they match so many other illnesses and there are no tell tale symptoms that only HIV related.

GO GET TESTED and stop with this guessing game.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6126

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3