Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

The REAL danger of insertive oral sex!!!
      #24923 - 11/23/01 03:09 PM

<< I've posted this on Ask the Experts today but I thought I'd do it here as well to see what ya'll think >>

I've read most all the postings that deal with the risks of oral sex (especially insertive oral sex). Now, while it is comforting to hear that it carries (practically) zero risk as there are no documented cases of transmission this way ... I'm not so convinced! Here's why:

1. Most people who engage in insertive oral sex in the studies I've read ALSO engage in other sexual activities. Now, when they are diagnosed as being HIV+ ... transmission is ALWAYS attributed to one of these other sexual activities! But why? How do they know for sure it wasn't from betting a blow job? Has anyone done a study simply on people who ONLY have oral sex performed on them? This type of deduction seems to be rather subjective and un-scientific to say the least!

2. As I understand, HIV is found in saliva. Lets say the insertive partner has a fresh small cut on their penis ... if there is HIV in the saliva of the receptive partner then HOW can anyone say their is no risk?

Therefore, my conclusions are that the jury is still out on the dangers of insertive oral sex! I mean heck, its been 20 years that people have been studying HIV transmission and WE'RE STILL DEBATING THE RISKS OF ORAL SEX! This obviously says something in terms of insertive oral sex ... namely that it very well may be more dangerous than we are all led to believe.

I really look forward to your comments on my thoughts above as I'm very open to being humbled and corrected anytime I'm in the wrong!

Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
guess
Unregistered

Re: The REAL danger of insertive oral sex!!! new
      #24936 - 11/23/01 09:36 PM

this damn virus is more infectious than we think.
Nevertheless, I think that if there were risk for the person that is being sucked, then there would also be risk of infection by kissing as the mouth is also a mocus membrane. Just imagine if aids could be passed by kissing.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24954 - 11/24/01 08:34 PM

Let me take issue with your two points one at a time:

Point #1 - There are hundreds of thousands of men who engage ONLY in unprotected receptive oral sex with HIV+ male and female prostitutes. In fact, this is THE most common manner in which prostitutes are used. Also, thousands of uninfected individuals receive regular unprotected oral sex from their HIV infected partners (this is the ONLY "unprotected" risk many of these partners engage in). Therefore, when they say no documented cases - they are taking about LARGE numbers here, my friend.

Point #2 Although HIV IS found in saliva, there are also elements in saliva that are said to kill the virus, and the concentration in which it is found is VERY low. In fact, since giving unprotected oral sex does pose an actual (although small) risk, it would follow (using the "saliva" logic)that french kissing would pose a risk. NOW, do the math on THAT one ..... how many people engage in French kissing with an HIV infected person (where that is their only risk) - MILLIONS each day .... and NO documented cases of transmission via French kissing.

So .... hopefully that shows you some reasonable evidence that receving oral sex is practically NO risk at all. Now, if one was engaging in very rough oral sex in which there was deep bleeding from both partners involved - I guess there could be some risk .... but I don't think most people are into that.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Prove it, Guess!!!! new
      #24955 - 11/24/01 08:36 PM

prove that it's more infectuous than we think. In fact, it is a VERY weak virus.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24956 - 11/24/01 08:45 PM

it is a very weak virus when it is not actually in the blood stream and by the way it is hiv not aids

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4984

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3