Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
WorriedOne
New User

Reged: 04/29/08
HIV Skin Symptoms (Pics) Please Read
      #244625 - 02/17/09 02:41 PM

Hello
I have some serious questions since Iíve been very concerned lately, quite honestly the last year or so. I have not been tested and understand I should be tested. I would just prefer for someone's Professional advice. Sorry for the long read.

I had unprotected sex (heterosexual) approximately a 1 year 8 months ago with a woman I date for around 1 month. The unprotected sex only happened once (during intercourse we stopped once and went again). I am uncircumsized so I donít know if this increases the risk? It was very idiotic that I never used protection or never even asked if she was tested. A week after this we split up. So her status is unknown.

About 10 days after the unprotected sex I noticed some small red/white spots on the tip of my penis that looked like yeast infection. I donít recall these itching however they did go away after 7-10 days. Since then Iíve never had any spots reappear.

After 21 days or 3 weeks I had sore muscles/joints, a mild fever, coughing. Iíve had the flu before and it seemed like a mild case. I really donít get allergies however I passed this off as allergies. Recently last week Tuesday I had the same type of symptoms dry cough, sore feet/joints with mild fever, and one night with extreme night sweats. Today I still have some minor dry/itch cough but feel better.

After 6-8 months I noticed that I developed a small patch on the side of my tongue. The white spot was approximately ľ inch. This wasnít a patch/spot you could rub off or remove easily. Even when I attempted to remove it would return. I did some research and found that OHL could cause this but only in individuals that had late stages or advanced AIDS. Iíve been taking Garlic pills lately and it seemed to go away. I know this may sound ridiculous but honestly it was one of the first signs that I started to worry.

Is it possible that OHL can show up in early stages especially if the viral load is high?

Last summer, around June/July (almost a year after possible exposure) I noticed a small brownish rough patch on the top of my left foot. It feels rough to the touch and has a central rough/pin spot in the middle. This has been present since and hasnít gone away. Itís approximately under ĹĒ and hasnít grown.

I also have other one right behind my neck that is similar size but is like a cyst/growth. Two months later I developed other small brown patch on the top of my right wrist. All of these do not inch or cause any discomfort.

Below is a picture link of it.
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7977/img1304pk6.jpg

Recently I also have several spots on my hand which almost resemble molluscum contagiosum these spots were also present on the top of my fore arms (not bottom) approximately 8-10 on each arm. They have slowing seemed to disappear however still seem to be like pimples under my skin. My concern is that they would start as a red or brownish spot that would heal over with a small elevated scab later healing and forming into these pimple like bumps. If I would scratch the scab it would bleed.

Picture link of top hand.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5470/img1305jk9.jpg

My questions are as follow.

Is it possible to have skin conditions associated with HIV as I described within this time frame (1 year 8 months)?

Is it possible that this could be molluscum or could this be HPV? Is it possible it would appear after 1 year? Iím asking this because molluscum has a white substance which I have not noticed.

What do you think that my odds are of have HIV with these symptoms (U.S)? I understand that a one time possible exposure is low but Iím concerned with these symptoms.

I understand that there are many kinds of HPV however Iíve researched and read that sexual transmitted HPV can not occur on the skin such as arms. The brown rough spot on my foot, neck, and hand donít seem to resemble molluscum could these be a forum of HPV?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I may have a few follow up questions.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sick_of_fuckwits
Regular

Reged: 01/26/09
Re: HIV Skin Symptoms (Pics) Please Read new
      #244629 - 02/17/09 03:59 PM

You can't diagnose HIV from symptoms and pictures. If you are worried, the best advice is that you go and get yourself tested. If you have tested conclusively negative, then move on and find the real cause and stop worrying about ridiculously implausible scenarios.

--------------------
There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.

Florida69
Veteran

Reged: 02/19/07
      #244814 - 02/25/09 10:09 AM

eeewwww.. We are not doctors. if you don't know your status take the test, i understand you worry. Those look like they could be the beginning of a staff infection, and anybody can get those. You should go to the doctor and have them looked at. Good luck.

ladyj1892
New User

Reged: 02/11/10
      #250774 - 06/16/10 12:57 PM

hello my dear friend not to get worried i been hiv possitive or fifteen years and the same things had apared on myskin rom time to time with medications they went away i am presently on hiv medications quite frankly am doing fine why dont you get tested hopeully your getting worked up over nothing

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 96947

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3