Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Playing the odds while barebacking
      #210040 - 10/04/06 08:27 AM

I am planning a bareback Halloween spectacular and I am a gay male bottom. I read that the odds of contracting HIV from a known positive could be 1 in 25 and as good as 1 in 100 so if I am receiving ejaculate from 5 men then my odds would be 1 in 5 or as good as 1 in 20 of getting HIV so the odds are in my favor and even better because the status of these men is unknown, correct?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mpo131
Unregistered

Re: Playing the odds while barebacking new
      #210043 - 10/04/06 09:11 AM

Your kidding me, right?

I can't imagine anyone in this day and age still willing to take a risk like that.

Also, I can't think of a more high risk scenario than what you just described. I would STRONGLY encourage you to rethink your little Halloween party. In fact, if you engage in this type of behavior regularly, then you need to assure YOUR status before putting someone else at risk.

Good luck,-- you're gonna need it. Use flippin' condoms man!

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #210045 - 10/04/06 09:18 AM

why be a puss.......just get a 6 shooter and one bullet, and play russian roullette...dont waste the limited resources those of us who truely need to live,.....russian roullette gets instant response yielding the same results as your party idea.... and i guarentee you, it would be a party no one would forget*

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#210046 - 10/04/06 09:26 AM

Seek mental help immediately to figure out why you want this virus. There is a term for your illness. It's called bug chasing. Get help. No kidding.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#210064 - 10/04/06 10:37 AM

I said the odds were in my favor for NOT contracting HIV.

Now if someone comes on this board and they got HIV because they slipped up one night and did something stupid do you tell them that they are now going to waste limited resources? Are you going to tell them that they played russian roulette and lost and are going to die? How are they any different than someone who is upfront about being unsafe?

RevAnn
Guru

Reged: 08/17/06
Loc: fort myers, florida
      #210082 - 10/04/06 10:55 AM

Heres the differance..

You are trying to figure out the odds of not getting HIV (or so you say) while you plan to engage in something that you know full well is an unsafe!

Most people engage in the behavior first and then get hit; "duh, I think I did something stupid." You are the opposite; "duh, I am going to do something stupid." See, you don't have to do this but you appearently want to, so you are not going to get a lot of sympothy from people like me who try to tell people how to be careful and how not to get AIDS.

So go have fun take that risk, but do not come back here looking for sympothy.

--------------------
Namu-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Anonymous
Unregistered

#210109 - 10/04/06 11:36 AM

If you dont see the difference you need to get your head read. You want to know the chances of KNOWINGLY and PREMEDIATING someone that is known poz to jam his dick in your ass. Well maybe the last time it hit you in the head because you just arent thinking straight.(pardon the pun lolol)
Enjoy your pre HIV life. As with thought like this...you will have it soon. Congrats.

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #210112 - 10/04/06 11:50 AM

ummm, mr anonymous, as a matter of fact......i do tell others just like that, look around these boards, im one of the few who calls bullshit bullshit, and will tell you like it is, Im not in a popularity contest by any means, nor am i here as a people pleaser....

Obviously you dont know ME....You have just stepped into something, that you cant just wipe from your shoe*

no one can accurately determine the odds you seek.....everyone is different, some can be exposed numerous times and not get it, some can be exposed numerous times not get it for a long time, then suddenly get it, some get it on thier first and only exposure....unfortunately no one can tell in advance what category each will fall into......

so yes in comparison....russian roullette, you either get the bullet and ya suffer with its consequence, or ya dont...and likewise, we dont know where the bullet will actually fall when the chanber is spun....regardless of the odds.

HIV isnt much different.....if you want something sugar coated, that you can twist through your analyzer, justifier,rationalizer to suit your denial ...then plz by all means go elsewhere, i will say this.....the impression you display here, is that of a highly illegal activity, that if put in front of courts, you could very well end up in prison.....the world isnt fair, or easy......you better think, before you act.....and if you have problems thinking .....you better seek mental help, but because you will answer for all that you do......we all do.

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#210114 - 10/04/06 12:13 PM

Well, I have gotten some food for thought. I haven't done anything illegal because I tested negative 6 months ago and I haven't had sex since. My boyfriend did dump me because he said I suffer from low self esteem and that I need mental help. Maybe was right.

polywog
All Star

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: toronto
      #210264 - 10/04/06 06:03 PM

you need to go see a counsellor. for those of us here infected with HIV, reading a post from someone planning to do something so careless is like you're puposely trying to contract it. Worse, i would wager that you'd be equally as guilty of passing it on to someone else if you become, or are not already +ve. There has been millions spent on campaigns and public awareness of safe sex practices to protect yourself and others. To publicly post that you are proposing the most common and highest risk behaviour in a party-like atmosphere is extremely offensive to us with this disease - it's like you are toying with it. Don't play games with HIV

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #210307 - 10/04/06 09:46 PM

I am a gay male bottom.... Let me know when you test pos..

Anonymous
Unregistered

#210309 - 10/04/06 09:57 PM

I tested negative six months ago and haven't had sex since so I HAVE NOT PASSED ANYTHING TO ANYONE. I am going to call a counselor/psychologist tomorrow to help with my low self esteem and self destruction issues. I will NOT be having the party...sorry to everyone.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#210310 - 10/04/06 10:00 PM

Eric is a bottom...hee hee. I love you Eric. You should make love/ have wild sex with Will. You go boy!

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: Playing the odds while barebacking
      #210314 - 10/04/06 10:49 PM

good moves my friend.... :)

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Playing the odds while barebacking
      #210337 - 10/05/06 03:09 AM

I feel sorry for you. If you are so unhappy please seek help. Why do you need a party anyway? Screw it ,change your whole live and forget about the sex. You will end up in misery and sickness. You will also infect others after you become infected. I doubt that would matter to you but it will breing horror to others. I'm sure ther is someone that loves you in this world think what you will do to them with this thing you want so bad. Good luck, please don't come back here a whine after you become infected.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12439

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3