Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Feeling Anxious
Unregistered

HIV from Scratch
      #20658 - 08/09/01 09:00 PM

To Whom it May Concern:
Here is my dilemma. A couple of months ago I visited a "titty bar" and received three lap dances. During one of the dances I felt the dancer scratch my neck with her fingernail. Throughout the remainder of our session together she kissed that area repeatedly. I would not think anything of it, except that when I returned home I noticed a red stain on either side of the collar of my shirt. Admittedly, it could have been lipstick or make-up because of the close contact. It even looked like that. But it also looked a little like blood. She also touched herself during the dance and I suspect could have placed her wet finger on my neck, too. I panicked and checked my neck near the spot where I felt the scratch and could not detect an open cut. The area was slightly red and I guess could have been abrated, but not bleeding. I have had a delayed fear reaction and am terrified that I could be HIV infected. I am married with three kids. I won't to forget about this. I'm going to wait a few more weeks and then donate blood, as I understand they test for HIV. What chances are there that I could have been infected by the dance?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Your Friend
Unregistered

Re: HIV from Scratch new
      #20659 - 08/09/01 09:18 PM

maybe some here are going to criticise me because of my answer but due to my experience and what I have read the chances to get infected this way are a plain and big zero, 0, none.

... I guess I have some supporters for this affirmation.

Dont worry and dont out yourself at any risk from now on, the fear of getting infected with a real risk posibility (not your case) is terrible.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #20662 - 08/09/01 10:09 PM

Relax. You didn't get infected that way.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20663 - 08/09/01 11:06 PM

now that is a piss poor way to test for hiv.
even if you didn't have a REAL exposure. stop feeling guilty and stay out of the titty bars.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #20669 - 08/10/01 08:31 AM

Good call. That one totally slipped by me last night.

J.

Shane
Unregistered

#20681 - 08/10/01 02:18 PM

Zero...Zero...unless her mouth was gushing blood...;)

Gypsy
Unregistered

#20709 - 08/11/01 10:12 AM

Well, your posting sure could be an easy target for cracking down on you for making these little side trips before going home. But I think we have all been at the point of wondering if we have been exposed and had that initial panic. But to further continue the deception in your life of going to a blood bank rather than an anonymous testing site really adds some color to your whole make up. You do not want to donate blood. You want to know if your blood is infected. Go to a testing center and have the courage to do this. Go to a couple of cities away, if you are afraid of people recognizing you. But don't do any more pretending in your life. You really have to examine if those 3 kids and that wife meam more you, or do you want to continue the thrills you get from it all. ( Can't help wondering if there is more you are not telling us). And of course there is one person we are not even considering here, your known sex partner, your wife. I wonder if (and we all know that the situation you describe offers near nill chance of exposure), but I wonder if while you have been having these fears if you protected her from your possible exposure or did you [censored] her knowing that you were worried about having a disease yourself. (Confirms my belief that most women exchange vows with their future killers at the alter years earlier. )

guess
Unregistered

#20721 - 08/12/01 02:15 PM

You worry for that NO-RISK event. That shows how much you love your family.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6435

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3