Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
SorryDude
Unregistered

Chlamydia/HIV Question
      #187523 - 04/22/06 11:25 AM

Had a recent HIV exposure early hours 2 weeks ago (a Saturday morning) and went to an ER on Sunday evening. They refused to give me PEP (it was unprotected vaginal). A culture was done to check for STDS (Urethral Swab) and it came back +ve for Chlamydia.

I know I have to go through 3 months of hell waiting on HIV results but I'm confused about Chlamydia because the girl told me she just got her resutls back and they were -VE. She also added that She rectently was on Antiboitics for a sore throat.

So my questions:
1. Is it possible for my swab to have come up +ve so soon or did I have Chlamydia prior to this encounter - I'm confused coz I've had std tests in the past that came up -ve
2. If she was the source of my infection, could her antibiotics (for a sore throat) have cleared her infection

worried

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: Chlamydia/HIV Question new
      #187548 - 04/22/06 02:13 PM

So my questions:
1. Is it possible for my swab to have come up +ve so soon or did I have Chlamydia prior to this encounter - I'm confused coz I've had std tests in the past that came up –ve
Actually Chlamydia takes longer than over night to develop, you were probably infected prior, and possibly infected her. You should have here check at the clinic and make sure that you did not infect her.
2. If she was the source of my infection, could her antibiotics (for a sore throat) have cleared her infection
Possibly, but I would have her get checked anyway.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4527

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3