Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you have ARS symptoms but not have ARS?
      #173869 - 02/07/06 06:59 AM

I had symptoms of ARS infection...painful swollen neck glands, low grade fever, rash that lasted a month, clogged ears. My only risk factor is receiving a shot from a doctor 9 weeks before the symptoms showed themselves. Should I be tested? What else could this be? My mono spot came back negative. From everything I have read online, I have HIV.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Can you have ARS symptoms but not have ARS? new
      #173879 - 02/07/06 09:05 AM

ARS symptoms look just like Flu symptpms so the answer is yes you can have sypmtoms that look like ARS and they are something else. If you think you have been exposed to HIV take a Elisa Test 6 weeks after and if you can not live with those results test again in another 6 weeks.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173880 - 02/07/06 09:08 AM

ARS symptoms are highly non-specific. That is, they can occur in a variety of other illnesses besides HIV.

ARS doesn't occur 9 weeks after the fact. Like most viruses, The body generally identifies the HIVwithin a few days to a couple of weeks being infected and starts mounting a defense, which manifests itself in ARS.

Go and talk to your healthcare practitioner or a testing site & have a test. It will make you feel better.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173924 - 02/07/06 12:48 PM

Even the rash though? That is what is freaking me out. Because it seems like a rash doesn't occur very frequently in adults. My doctor looked at it and said it was definitely viral.

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #173930 - 02/07/06 01:25 PM

Wait...your only risk factor is getting a shot from a doctor? That is NOT a risk factor!!! Perhaps you had a reaction to whatever the shot was.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173938 - 02/07/06 03:17 PM

Rashes occur for a lot of reasons -- allergic reactions, viral infections, and bacterial infections like strep throat. Besides, the rash associated with HIV is a particular kind of rash. It wouldn't manifest itself 9 weeks after possible exposure (which you didn't have to begin with), and would be concurrent with your other symptoms.

I doubt you have HIV, however, you should get a test to put your mind at ease, as HIV can never be diagnosed by symptoms.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7538

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3