Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Muscles Aches
      #172008 - 01/27/06 04:06 PM

I was googling around the internet and found the following info regarding muscles aches:

"The symptoms can include pain and aching in the muscles, usually thighs and shoulders, as well as weakness, with difficulty when rising from a chair or reaching above the shoulders."

I am so freaked out. I have such muscles aches in these two areas. How common is it to have muscle aches in these areas and not be infected with hiv? I have never experienced anything like this before. If my lymph nodes weren' so swollen I would be so worried. I am so scared now. all of these up's and down's. Even though I woke up in a sweat last night, I thought I was feeling good this am and then I made the mistake to google around :(
How could I have such muscle aches and nto have hiv?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Re: Muscles Aches new
      #172009 - 01/27/06 04:16 PM

Muscle aches can be from a million other things. A flu, sleeping funny, working out, walking more than usual, lifting something heavy and straining yourself. You cannot assume you have HIV because you have muscle aches. If you placed yourself at risk get tested at 3 months....but don't let such a common symptom fre3ak you out.

Good Luck and God Bless

HowToGetThruThis
Unregistered

#172012 - 01/27/06 04:24 PM

I haven't done anything. I haven't worked out in weeks. so i know its not working out or lifitng things. I don;t know how I'm going to make it to my test date. I'm sitting here crying right now. Swollen lymph nodes, aches and pains in my shoulders, arms, and thighs. and to top it off those stupid night sweats. I;m a little PMSy to maybe thats why I'm so emotional right now. I don't know. I feel like I'm breaking down. I feel so lost and depressed. I only had a low rish=k situation but I can't understand feeling this way. The only other thing I might be able to attribute anything to us my diet. I had to start on a meat and veggie diet to battle my yeast problem. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I';m not getting enough nutrients. Maybe thats why my body is aching so much. Maybe that "die-off": they talk about is occuring where the yeast die's off and symptoms flare up. I don't know. How do I keep going? Every time I look at my kids I start to ball thinking that what if I'm not around someday to see them have their babies...
I;m so sorry for all of this. Thank you for listening. I don't have anyone else I can talk to.

ItsFaith
Legend

#172013 - 01/27/06 04:31 PM

If you just started that no carb diet it could very well explain feeling so darn crappy!! I tried the Atkins Diet and it made me feel HORRIBLE. I lasted only a short time on that diet. You could also just have a bug of some sort. I'm so sorry you are so sad and scared. I totally understand how you feel. See a doctor.....lay it on the line with him...tell him (or her) what you are scared of and get tested. Really, it is the ONLY thing that will ease your mind.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#172016 - 01/27/06 04:41 PM

Fath,

You are so right. I think I will go next week. I need something or someone to help me chill out. I am really losing it. I never thought I would do this. Its amazing how quickly you can crumble. So many high and lows. Did you get muscles aches and pains when you were on the atkins diet? I';ve never done anything like this before and sure did not expect it if its coming from that. I defineotly don't eat a whole lot because the diet is so restricting. I've been losing at least 1 lb per day...which is not good. I weigh 129 so I'm hoping that quick lose stops soon. What symptoms can you experience on a low carb diet? maybe if i hear some, I will be able to calm down.

HowToGetThruThis
Unregistered

#172017 - 01/27/06 04:45 PM

Ok one more thing..I think what finally put me over the edge was the doctors description of where the muscles aches were. I have such muscles aches in my shoulders and thighs just like he mentioned that just pushed my over the edge. I don't know even know how true that it is. It might just be one docs interpretation or maybe when we do get muscles aches those are just the two common places.

ExWorryWart
Guardian

Reged: 12/21/05
      #172018 - 01/27/06 04:47 PM

I was thinking of not looking at this post but Atkins diet caught my attention...Yes I was on that diet and i got muscle aches but i was running too so didn't pay that much attention but here is a link for you:
http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C254143.html

It says:
Effects of a Low Carbohydrate Diet The May 2004 Annals of Internal Medicine study showed that most of the Atkins Dieters had significantly more muscle cramps than the general population. Along with the toxins created by low-carbohydrate diets, one’s kidneys also flush out critical electrolytes such as calcium, magnesium and potassium, which may result in muscle cramps or worse. [Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition 12 (2002): p.396]

Mental
Stress Small muscle twitching, usually called "tics", are often triggered by stress and anxiety.
Hopefully it will relieve you a bit
Andy

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

HowToGetThruThis
Unregistered

#172020 - 01/27/06 04:55 PM

Faith and WW,
You 2 are awesome. You have defintiely helped to calm me down a bit. I was just surfing again and found the following:
http://www.clenchingsyndrome.com/diagnosingtmj.html

"How often does your shoulder ache? Usually means that the person is clenching in protrusive way, that is, the lower jaw is protruded past the upper front teeth but then again, a shoulder ache may have nothing to do with clenching. Which side? May indicate which way the jaw is being protruded (if clenching is the cause)."

Ifound this on a search of aching shoulder. After I read it, I noticed that I had been sitting in the edge of my seat with my left5 hand clenched under my chin and as it says lower jaw protruding. Oh my gosh, maybe I am making myself worse with stress. I guess I could have a combo going here. The way I;m sitting all tense and this atkinds type diet.
Thank you so much for helping through this!!!!!

ItsFaith
Legend

#172102 - 01/28/06 10:40 AM

when I get stressed I will notice that my jaw is clenched so tight it would take the jaws of life to get my mouth open. It causes headaches, ear pain and neck and back pain. When you are stressed, it wil absolutely throw off your entire muscluar/skeletal system. Try not to overthink things (Easier said than done, I know). Relax. take deep breaths.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9321

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3