Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

thrush??, please help.
      #165696 - 11/30/05 10:29 AM

i do not want to sound stupid or ignorant, but how you know you have oral trush???
i drink lots of coffee( cream&sugar) i found myself today witha yellowish tongue, use a napkin to clean it and turn yellowish.

there is no sores, or anything else but a yellowish look to it, when i brush it, it minimized the view by 90%.

can anyone help me with this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Re: thrush??, please help. new
      #165699 - 11/30/05 10:51 AM

that is not thrush...sounds like coffee residue. Thrush is white patchy stuff inside your mouth...that wipes off, but underneath is red, sore and can sometimes bleed. From what I understand, it can be quite painful as well.

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #165701 - 11/30/05 10:58 AM

Thrush is a little different than that, everyone gets a plaque build up from time to time due to stress and worry. I even get a plaque build up at times which looks the same due to all the coffee I drink a day. Thrush is painful and can be caused by drying saliva glands, it is all over your mouth and not just your tongue, and is caused by many things not conducive to HIV (In other words many things can cause it), now on other hand the plaque buildup on your tongue is a yeast buildup but not from thrush.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #165703 - 11/30/05 11:08 AM

hi

regards from india

From what you state, i doubt it is a classic case of oral thrush.The symptoms of oral thrush affect the mouth (usually on the tongue or inner cheeks) , symptoms may include painful mouth, slightly raised area in the mouth, creamy white appearance Note: May appear curd-like ("cottage cheese" appearance) and dry mouth.

Oral thrush is not hiv specific, non-hiv conditions such as antibiotic use may cause oral thrush.Symptoms should not be used as a basis to diagnose HIV.

goodluck

stay well

take care

god bless you

love ravi

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2728

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3