Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mouth Ulcers and Strip Clubs
      #162469 - 10/21/05 11:25 PM

the talk about mouth ulcers has me really worried. I wnt to a strip club about two weeks ago and ended up sucking on a woman's nipple for a few minutes. Was on a business trip. Shouldn't have gone out like that. It's been bothering me ever since. Been asking myself, What if I picked something up? This morning I developed a headache and now I have a small mouth ulcler. These appear to be symptoms of early HIV infection. Please help me understand.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Mouth Ulcers and Strip Clubs new
      #162471 - 10/21/05 11:29 PM

If that is your only experience that is concerning you...you are not at risk. Headaches and ulcers are common symptoms of stress and anxiety, NOT ARS/HIV. what you described is not a risk. Relax and be safe.

daisey6205
Legend

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #162474 - 10/21/05 11:40 PM

sucking on a tit is not a risk factor for hiv. do your research. i take that back.... unless she was bleeding profusely out her nipple you are not at risk. if she was bleeding like a stuck hog, what were you thinking???? you are not at risk of hiv, but you are a canidate for STRESS.
daisey
be safe

2ndChance
Expert

Reged: 08/09/05
      #162480 - 10/22/05 07:40 AM

It's also good to note that strip clubs and other places like them have frequent HIV tests on it's emplyees. If they had an outbreak of HIV related cases their business would go down the plughole and the owners don't want that.

Anonymous
Unregistered

ARS Symptoms new
      #162481 - 10/22/05 08:39 AM

Thanks for the comforting the response. Part of my anxiety is that elsewhere on this site it lists mouth ulcers as an ARS symptom. Am I reading to much into al this?

daisey6205
Legend

Re: ARS Symptoms new
      #162482 - 10/22/05 09:12 AM

yes mouth ulcers can be a symptom, when you are at risk! a boob is not going to cause hiv.... if it did there would be a ton of people up shit creek without a paddle. i think if you read through the boards you will not find 1 case where a person was infected from a tit. that is why i told you before to do your research and know the ways you can actually be infected by hiv. you will not find anywhere that a breast will cause hiv. stop worrying so much and i bet your symptoms will subside. stress will affect your body in so many ways.
daisey

Anonymous
Unregistered

#162483 - 10/22/05 09:20 AM

Thanks. What I am wooried about is not the breast itself but breast milk. I didn't sense any. I guess I am wondering if a small amount, something I didn't see, taste or feel, possible could have infected me. I apologize if I am been anal.

daisey6205
Legend

#162499 - 10/22/05 06:52 PM

was she pregnant? then there was probably no milk! i am sure that you would have tasted it! stop worrying so much! you are fine. you are causing yourself undue stress and as said before stress is way worse on your body than most realize. move on and stop putting yourself in these situations, so you don't have to worry so much.
best wishes,
daisey

SteveR
Legend

Reged: 07/19/05
      #162505 - 10/22/05 07:27 PM

A headache and ulcers alone are not HIV symptoms. The key to your anxiety is this statement: "Shouldn't have gone out like that. It's been bothering me ever since. Been asking myself, What if I picked something up?" You feel guilt, and guilt motivates a lot of obsessive thinking.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Daisey new
      #162518 - 10/22/05 11:27 PM

Thanks. You are angel for for being so patient and understanding with someone like me.

daisey6205
Legend

Re: Daisey new
      #162573 - 10/24/05 09:27 AM

i know how scared you are..... we are all scared, the not knowing the facts of how you can contract hiv is what scares you the most. i am guilty of having been one of those people always lookinjg for some sign on a person to say they have hiv and for me to stay away from that person, sexually. but i had to learn what i could and educate myself. i never dreamed my husband would do this to me. i guess somewhere in my life i figured i would get it because of my fuc*** up past, but i guess i only have myself to blame for the now. i should have known better, but i trusted that everything was going to be ok, shame on me. hiv does not discriminate... so when you are dating and fooling around, keep in mind that just by looking at a person from the outside, you will not be able to tell if a person has hiv or not... always protect yourself and know the risks you are taking by your actions. learn all that you can, for tomorrow may be too late, and you can never take back yesterday. today is what you have. live it to the fullest.
always here if you need to talk.
best wishes always!!!!
daisey

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5461

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3