Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
sinfulman
Unregistered

oral sex with HIV+ woman and bad signs
      #161177 - 10/05/05 08:39 AM

i have symptoms. it sure that the first sign of HIV+. i found information here http://aids.about.com/cs/prevention/a/knowhiv.htm. yesterday, i have a blemish or purplish blotch in my mouth. it like confusion or bruise. now, blemish gradually dissapear .and another blotch on my face. i also have inflammation of gum, may be gingivitis. i never had this sign before. i am using PEP now. i have used in 3 weeks . they are side effect? no, i know this is the sign of death.
asinfulman

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: oral sex with HIV+ woman and bad signs new
      #161190 - 10/05/05 10:19 AM

As I have said many times, people only read what they want and skip the rest when they are reading about signs of HIV infection. A direct quote from the section below what they have down is "However, no one should assume they are infected if they have any of these symptoms. Each of these symptoms can be related to other illnesses. Again, the only way to determine whether you are infected is to be tested for HIV infection.
Similarly, you cannot rely on symptoms to establish that a person has AIDS. The symptoms of AIDS are similar to the symptoms of many other illnesses. AIDS is a medical diagnosis made by a doctor based on specific criteria established by the CDC."
Also if you read the top of the page right these are not first signs of any kind. These are signs of acute infection and the result of having HIV for May years without treatment.
Also having oral is safe and I don't see how you convinced the doctor to give you PEP, you did not put yourself at risk.
And I hope you enjoy insulting those of us living with HIV with your comment about knowing this is a sign of death. It sounds more like a sign of ignorance and lack of actual education about this disease and its contraction.

sinfulman
Unregistered

Re: oral sex with HIV+ woman and bad signs new
      #161194 - 10/05/05 10:37 AM

to GmanBill
i am so sorry about my words. i do not mean that. because i am so scared. and because in my country, people often has prejudice about this disease. i promise with you and other members i will not use any words like this. i also swear before Buddha, i will never do terrible work again. i still hope and wait to the test day. thank very much for your help, GmanBill.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6560

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3