Workplace standards for HIV/AIDS?

Does anyone have information on simple what to do's and not to do's for a small non-profit agency which has just found it has an employee who is +? Any help would be appreciated.

please respond to tomandjim@worldnet.att.net

Response from Ms. Breuer

I recommend the latest publication from the National AIDS Fund on this subject, "What About My Rights? Guidelines for Employers and Employees Living with HIV/AIDS." It outlines in straightforward terms the rights and responsibilities of three groups in the workplace when an employee has HIV: the employee, the managers and the co-workers. It's a 23-page booklet, easily read and assimilated by everyone in the workplace. If you need further help,there is a resource section on the last page that will lead you to other sources. (Okay, I wrote it, but I hope I would recommend if even if I hadn't!) The phone number for the National AIDS Fund is 202-408-4848.

Nancy Breuer

most effective communication strategy to make people aware about AIDS in true sense
Why so many companys do not have AIDS education in the workplace