Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Workplace standards for HIV/AIDS?
Dec 18, 1997

Does anyone have information on simple what to do's and not to do's for a small non-profit agency which has just found it has an employee who is +? Any help would be appreciated.

please respond to tomandjim@worldnet.att.net

Response from Ms. Breuer

I recommend the latest publication from the National AIDS Fund on this subject, "What About My Rights? Guidelines for Employers and Employees Living with HIV/AIDS." It outlines in straightforward terms the rights and responsibilities of three groups in the workplace when an employee has HIV: the employee, the managers and the co-workers. It's a 23-page booklet, easily read and assimilated by everyone in the workplace. If you need further help,there is a resource section on the last page that will lead you to other sources. (Okay, I wrote it, but I hope I would recommend if even if I hadn't!) The phone number for the National AIDS Fund is 202-408-4848.

Nancy Breuer

Previous
most effective communication strategy to make people aware about AIDS in true sense
Next
Why so many companys do not have AIDS education in the workplace

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.