AIDS/workplace

I am doing a college research paper on AIDS in the workplace. If anyone could direct me to any policies that

they know of, I would appreciate it. I personally don't know of anyone with this problem, but I imagine it is probably a nightmare for some who has had to let their employer and co-workers know.

Response from Ms. Breuer

The best collection of policies on AIDS in the workplace is at the National AIDS Fund, 202-408-4848. Ask for the Workplace Resource Center.

Your closing statement indicates that you will find a surprise in the policies. A person with HIV at work is not required to let anyone know the diagnosis. If someone with HIV needs reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, they must advise the employer (usually the human resources director) that they are being treated for an ADA-covered disability, but they do not have to reveal the diagnosis.

Nancy Breuer

blue & battered
most effective communication strategy to make people aware about AIDS in true sense