blue & battered

I am a Detective in a major city, The same day my HIV status was r

reveled I was ordered to mop floors. 2 years later I was ordered in to a police psychologists office, detained 5 hours and than beaten severly by six other police officers. I have no psy. defect.

I have initiated a federal discrimination lawsuit. The abuse and

discrimination has not abated.

WHAT TO DO NEXT.

Response from Ms. Breuer

I assume you are being represented by an attorney and have filed a complaint. If you are currently suffering "irreparable harm," your attorney can ask the court to grant a "preliminary injunction" to prevent further abuse and maintain the status quo.

However, if your attorney has not yet filed a complaint, you should ask him or her to seek a restraining order against those whom you fear physical violence from, however the judge will take into account the practicality that you work with those whom you're seeking to restrain.

Also, if you have not already done so, contact your city's AIDS legal services organization if you or your lawyer has other questions about the substantive issues in your case. In most major cities an agency maintains a pro bono panel of lawyers willing to provide advice to people with HIV on a

wide variety of issues.

David Grunwald

working with kids/legal advice needed
AIDS/workplace