For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Aid in the workplace

With all the talk in the number people who have Aids or HIV don't you think that people might like to ave an idea that there is a person or persons in their area are infection. So in that case they might want understand HIV or Aids.

Response from Ms. Breuer

You're on the right track, I think. With all of the people who have HIV, many of whom are working, it's important for everyone to understand HIV and AIDS. Yes, people are curious and they do often want to know if they're working with someone who has HIV. But everyone's medical information is confidential in the workplace, so the person has no obligation to tell them. It's better for everyone if everyone knows about HIV. If your workplace has not provided HIV education yet, I encourage you to ask for it. Ask your human resources/personnel staff, or ask senior management. Remind them that this is information everyone needs.

Nancy Breuer

I think I got aids from my boss!
doctors with hiv or aids