The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fatigue and low energy getting in the way.
Oct 7, 1998

I am working full time and have recently heard that my employer is not happy with my performance. I participate in a medical study back east that has made it necessary to take a fair amount of time off on top of the fact that I am always very tired and suffer from low energy. It is obviously affecting my performance and I am now afraid I could lose my job because of it.

I guess I have begun to wonder if it is possible for me to go out on disablilty before I lose everything. The problem is that due to my response on the numbers look phenomonal. Unfortuneatly I don't feel any better. My counts are above 1000 and VL is below 50. Do I have a prayer going this route? If not, is there anything I can do work related?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You need to discuss this with your doctor. It will be up to him/her to provide the necessary medical documentation to your disability carrier to demonstrate that you are disabled. Review the terms of your disability coverage carefully and discuss with your doctor what the requirements are to qualify so he/she can help you determine whether or not you might be eligible. Another approach would be to have your doctor request a modified work schedule for you due to illness (without stating the nature of the illness). However, your company might or might not be able to accommodate you. It would depend on whether the accommodations are reasonable.

Lynn Franzoi

bar exam application
Do nurses have the right to know?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint