Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Still wondering....

Thank you for the column. Recently. I had a breakdown and have not gone back to work. The reason for the breakdown was caused by an overbearing boss. I had explained in detail, many times, about the mental problems I was having. She did not understand major depression or want to . I eventually, through working too many hours, and an erratic schedule, ended up in a psychiatric hospital.

I am now on SSDI and am waiting for my long-term disability payments. Do you think the boss was in the wrong. She has since been fired for creating a hostile work environment.

I am also HIV+, and was putting my job before my health.

Do I have any legal recourse for having to quit a job I really liked.

Thanks,

Response from Ms. Gabriel

You've really gone through some tough times lately. I would suggest you contact an AIDS attorney with your question. You should be able to find one through your local AIDS service organization. If you live in a small town, check with the closest metropolitan area.

Please keep in mind that filing a lawsuit is itself an incredibly stressful situation and will certainly take a toll on your health. I wish you care and patience in deciding what is best for YOU.

Lynne Gabriel

Workplace Issue
Denied a Position