Workplace Issue

I work for a large company. I am very private about my HIV status. A few months ago I had been calling in quite a bit and people began to put the pieces together. One associate actually came out and made a severe comment and it got back to management. My status was disclosed and I ended up letting the guy off the hook about the comment because I truly felt he didn't mean it. Now I am stuck with EVERYONE knowing my status. I don't feel the same anymore. I am noticing reactions from certain people/mgmt that make me feel uncomfortable. Along with all this I am gay and in a very bad atmosphere. If I quit I'll loose my insurance. I'm on antivirals and I don't know if I have the energy to start over. Any advice?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you quit, you will have COBRA rights. If you leave your current job and elect COBRA, you would have medical coverage until you find another job. However, COBRA coverage is available for only 18 months. The COBRA premium that you will have to pay will be 102% of what your employer was paying for this coverage.

Lynn

Steps I should take BEFORE disability
Still wondering....