FMLA Problems

Dear Experts--

I was advised to take a short-term disability from work. I had 10 weeks of FMLA leave for the year, so I took it from May to July 27, 1998. When I returned to work, my company had split into three units, and I knew that my position, which had responsibilities in all three units, was no longer secure. I felt, though, that I had less to worry about with the protection granted by FMLA.

Nine days after my return, my position was terminated. I was offered a non-salaried file clerk job to replace my computer trainer position. I believe this is contrary to FMLA guarantees. Who should I contact to file a complaint?

Thanks

Response from Ms. Franzoi

This is more of a legal question. I suggest that you contact a legal aid organization in your area, explain your situation and have them advise you of your rights.

Lynn Franzoi

When do I identify with disability?
Poor job review beacuse of HIV