ADAP/Medicare/SSDI+Other Disability

I am currently on COBRA (actually CAL-COBRA) and am receiving disability from SSDI and a private disability policy. I will qualify for Medicare before my COBRA runs out. At that time I will have to figure out how to pay for my prescriptions. What I want to avoid is going on MEDI-CAL since I would be left with so little of the disability income that I invested in for years.

My question is about ADAP in California. Do they require that a person with a good disability income go on MEDICAL? If so, then I will have to look into converting my

existing health insurance (which would still leave me with more money than being on MEDICAL). My total income is good but still falls below the cap for ADAP.

Thanks.

Response from Ms. Breuer

You need to contact ADAP to find out whether or not ADAP will require you to go on Medi-Cal.

Can I continue to attend school while on Disability
Please help!