Can I continue to attend school while on Disability

First a quick thank you for your wonderful work. After working while infected for three years (while also attending night school) I find I can no longer continue. I'm thoroughly exhausted. My firm announced it is dissolving in August - December 31 is the last day. The partner I work for has asked me to come to his new firm. However, I may be able to attend a work/study program through my school. The hours would be flexible. I could rest more. My question is, will I be eligible for public assistance (and then disability after 5 months) if I continue to attend school? I am realistic about my condition. This summer my Tcells fell below 200 for the second time in three years and I was on disability for 6 weeks. School is the only thing that keeps me going. Do you have any advice? Again, thank you in advance.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I don't know if you are referring to state disability, a company-sponsored disability plan, an individual disability policy or Social Security disability benefits. Whichever type of disability you are referring to, you should review the provisions of the coverage with respect to attending school, part-time work, etc.

Lynn

returning to Work
ADAP/Medicare/SSDI+Other Disability