returning to Work

My SSA is based on my high incomes of $60K in the late eighties, if i were to return to work at a lower pay level which would more than likely be the case and were to get ill again say after 5 years would I return to the higher income from SSA or would it be recalculated on the new salary and therefore i would receive a lower benefit. Social Security was hesitant to give me a straight answer. I want to return to work soon but i am concerned about this issue. thank you

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Please refer to the question, "2nd Time Please Answer." As explained in that response, you should contact the Social Security Administration to determine the impact, if any, on your benefits.

Lynn

2nd Time Please answer
Can I continue to attend school while on Disability