2nd Time Please answer

My question is: when i was working i was paying in Maximum Social Security and therefore when i went on Disability I received the max benefits, my question if I return to work for a few years and am only able to make as a salary lets say one-half of what I made in the past and I get sick again and have to go on SS Dis again will I get my old amount or will the benefits be figured at my new lower salary thus giving me a substantial decrease in Dis. Income? thank you very much.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You should contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) and ask them to explain how this would impact the calculation of your Average Indexed Monthly Earnings (AIME) and your Primary Insurance Amount(PIA). The formula is complicated and the SSA is who you need to contact to determine how a return to work at a lower salary would impact your benefit.

Lynn

LTD after 24 months????
returning to Work