Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

LTD after 24 months????
Aug 1, 2000

As of May 2000 I will have been on Disability with my employer for 24 months. I recently received a letter from the disability insurer that they are reviewing my file to determine disability status. The policy reads that you are covered for the first 24 months of disability if you cannot perform your current job. After 24 months, you are covered if you cannot perform "any" job. What does this really mean?

My t-cells are 11, viral load is 248,000. I've been through chemo for Non-hodgkins Lymphoma, have had CMV Colitis, anemic, eczema/psoriasis, chronic giardia, recently diagnosed with cardiomyopathy due to a damaged heart muscle and a host of other annoying problems such as thrush,peripheral neuropathy and chronic fatigue. Do you think I have anything to worry about? I can't imagine being retrained for full time employment. I truly believe that the only reason why I am still alive is because I am not dealing with the stress of a full time job and can focus my energies on staying as well as possible.

Your thoughts on this subject would be very much appreciated. Thanks for the opportunity to ask this question. I find your website to be invaluable.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

This means that if you are able to return to work for a job that you are reasonably qualified for by your education and training, even if it is not the job you were originally employed in, your disability benefits could cease.

Lynn

Previous
Converting Group LTD to individual plan?
Next
2nd Time Please answer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.