LTD after 24 months????

As of May 2000 I will have been on Disability with my employer for 24 months. I recently received a letter from the disability insurer that they are reviewing my file to determine disability status. The policy reads that you are covered for the first 24 months of disability if you cannot perform your current job. After 24 months, you are covered if you cannot perform "any" job. What does this really mean?

My t-cells are 11, viral load is 248,000. I've been through chemo for Non-hodgkins Lymphoma, have had CMV Colitis, anemic, eczema/psoriasis, chronic giardia, recently diagnosed with cardiomyopathy due to a damaged heart muscle and a host of other annoying problems such as thrush,peripheral neuropathy and chronic fatigue. Do you think I have anything to worry about? I can't imagine being retrained for full time employment. I truly believe that the only reason why I am still alive is because I am not dealing with the stress of a full time job and can focus my energies on staying as well as possible.

Your thoughts on this subject would be very much appreciated. Thanks for the opportunity to ask this question. I find your website to be invaluable.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

This means that if you are able to return to work for a job that you are reasonably qualified for by your education and training, even if it is not the job you were originally employed in, your disability benefits could cease.

Lynn

Converting Group LTD to individual plan?
2nd Time Please answer