Converting Group LTD to individual plan?

The company that I work for has been bought out by another firm. The merger will take place at the end of Feb. 2000. At that time all benefits will end and I will be severenced.

My question is: the company that I work for has a group Long term disability policy with Provident Insurance company. They pay all of the premiums for the coverage. I was wondering if the insurance company has to make available the option of converting the policy over to an individual policy if I should choose and since the group policy is already in effect do I have to prove insurability?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Not all disability plans have a conversion privilege. Check the summary plan description for the long term disability coverage to see if a conversion policy is available.

Lynn

am I still
LTD after 24 months????