New Job After SSDI and Previous Employers LTD Question

I just started a new job with a very large corporation (over 100,000 employees). I have been out of work since June of 1997, receiving SSDI and LTD through my previous employer. I understand how SSDI works; however, I am wondering a couple of things: 1. Will I ever be eligable for LTD through my new employer? 2. Will my previous LTD kick in if I have to leave the new job and not work again? 3. When asked the question on my application - "Are you disabled?" - I answered NO. Will this cause me problems later? I answered no because I feel as though I am ready to work and need no accomodation in order to keep up with my medicine regimen. I read your Q/A all of the time, thank you for your valuable input.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

1. If your new employer offers LTD and new hires are eligible to enroll without medical evidence, you should be able to obtain the coverage as long as you enroll during the initial enrollment period made available to you.

2. You need to check the terms of your current LTD policy to determine what happens if you return to work and later become disabled due to the same illness.

3. "No" appears to be the correct answer.

Lynn L. Franzoi

denied disability for the 3rd time
disability plan that doesn't require same occup.