HIV and Aviation

Would you kindly advise me if there is any data available on the effects on your health when working as a HIV positive Flight Attendant. I am researching the negative effects of radition, lack of oxygen, fatigue, bacterial exposure on HIV positive individuals who work at altitude. Thankyou for your time.

Response from Dr. Aberg

This is not an area I am familiar with. I would have to do the same as you, which is to go to a medical library or online to search the medical literature for occupational hazards and HIV. I would imagine that there have been studies done regarding the health of flight attendants and pilots but I don't know if there have been any studies regarding individuals infected with HIV. Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck.

Life insurance screening
Changing carriers w/existing medical that is ongoing