The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

disclosure at school
Sep 21, 1999

I have been teaching in the same school district in CT for the last 6 years. I am tenured. My medical conditions have casued me to take more of my sick time to recover. Is there any other type of long term-diability coverage that I can get that I can afford?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

It is unlikely that you would be eligible to purchase any type of disability coverage. Insurance carriers require applicants for disability coverage to answer a medical questionnaire in order to obtain coverage. Based on your medical condition, it is unlikely that any insurance carrier would extend coverage to you.

Lynn Franzoi

telling doctors
When changing jobs, when is HIV disclosure necessary

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint