Kasper report

I work in a physicians office. My supervisor found my husbands medication (in it's proper container) in my desk. She told the doctor I work for about it and when he questioned me I explained to him why it was there and offered to let him call my husband's physician and ask that a drug screen be run on me that instant so that there would be no doubt. He said that it was not necessary and I thought the incident was over. The next day I found out that he had run a Kasper report on me without my permission. I am not a patient there. I was furious. Since then he has treated me very coldly and hardly speaks to me. He harrassed me about everything and yesterday I was told that my position was being eliminated because of downsizing, however, they had just hired another person in my department and I was let go even though I was not the last one hired. Should I pursue this and did he have a right to run a Kasper report on me without my permission? Please answer as soon as possible as I have a meeting with another physician in the clinic on Monday to discuss my feelings about this. Thank you, Kathy

Response from Ms. Breuer

Kathy, I don't know what a Kasper report is, but I can smell discrimination in this case. I urge you to contact an attorney immediately. It's much easier to keep a job than it is to get one back, and your case has all the earmarks of discrimination. A lawyer is less expensive, in the long run, than losing a job and its attendant benefits. Be sure to write down everything you recall, including dates and times, and keep a careful journal from now on. I am not a lawyer, so you need someone who is, okay? I'm sorry your boss is such a jerk.

My Employer Is Seeking A New Insurance Provider
Life insurance screening