Dec 18, 2001
In my workplace I have been asked the question on what year the very first AIDS/HIV blood test was to confirm HIV?? Thank you for any information you can assist me with.....
Response from Ms. Breuer
I can't imagine why you're being asked this at work, but the FDA mandated that all blood collection agencies use the newly-approved test for HIV in March 1985. There were versions of the test available earlier than that, but not universally, and they weren't required.
Can Social Security make me pay them back?
My Employer Is Seeking A New Insurance Provider
- Are White Spots An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Could Ear Infection Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Tiredness?
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.