Not sick enough for Disability

3 years ago in July I was diagnosed with having AIDS.I have a wife and 3 children under 6 years of age. My first concern like most parents is how will I support my family? My case manager advised me to apply for SSI,of course like most people I was denied. Friends I know who were on SSI told me not to give up. Due to my illness I lost my job and exhausted my disability funds through my previous job.With confusion and pressures of bill etc. I settled with AFDC and was approved for Sec.8 My new problem is with the GAIN Prog. At least twice a year they want me to release my medical information to an ever changing case worker.My wife has completed the program and has since found a job,and has been working for year.My Dr. has stated in recent Med. release forms,that I was not ready for work and could not say when I would be.My question is because of my small town how can I stop my medical info from being passed through so many hands of case workers who have no medical experience whatsoever? Please R.S.P.V.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Medical information is confidential. If you are required to disclose medical information about yourself in order to obtain the services, then those individuals who have access to your information are bound by law to keep it confidential.

Benefits of Disclosure?
Health app asks about meds -- can they deny me?