Cut with the same object within a second

I have scanned your questions and answers but cannot find anything in line with my case. I few days ago I was at a restaurant and ordered a soft drink. The waitress brought a can. She tried to open it, but could not manage to do it, as some cans can be a bit difficult some times. Trying to be friendly and wanting to help her, I took the can from her hands to try and open it, but ended up cutting my finger. Then I noticed that she had cut her finger too - before I cut mine. The cut on my finger was not that deep. I mean the blood was not dripping down my finger or anything like that. It was just deep enough to slice through all my layers of skin, exposing the muscle tissue beneath - but there was also a lot of pressure involved. I mean the opening system on a soft drink can demands a large amount of pressure on the fingers. At first I did not think much about it, but a friend mentioned to me that I should seek some information. Can you please advise me on weather or not it is possible to contract the HIV virus like this.

Response from Ms. Breuer

The reason you haven't received a response on this is that it isn't really a workplace question, and isn't in the center of our expertise. Please route it to someone who answers questions about transmission. But I will tell you that the chance of HIV infection from the scenario you describe is remote at the very worst. Please do not be concerned about it unless you are really worried about hepatitis B, which is transmitted more easily. To really put your mind at ease, please check with one of the medical experts on this site, okay?

Heart Attack and unwanted new job as result
HIV Testing