Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

im tired of living like this!!
Dec 11, 2001

hello nancy i am 24 (male) and i am verry verry scared of the hiv virus , i am even scared of having sex with a girl because of the virus , i did a blood test a few days back , and everything was ok (hamdulilah) the doctor told me , its been only a few days i have my results and now im worried again of comming in contact with infected fluids, this is what hapened, ..i went to the barber to get a hair cut ,there was a person before me ,when the barber finnished with him it was my turn ,after he had cut my hear he used a razor to remove the hair in my neck (these old classic razor types the ones you click open) when i got home the place where he used the razor was a litl irritaded and red ,i did not notice anny blood ,but when i touched it ,it did hurt a litl maybe because it was irritaded i dont now , i dont know if he had cut the person that was right before me ,what if he would have cut that person or there would be lik a verry litle bit of blood on the razor , is this dangerous?? the next day i noticed like verry litle wound 1mm ,but that was maybe because i was like rubbing on that spot that was a litl irritaded and maybe i made it bleed by scraching it ?? if skin is irritaded ,can hiv enter the body threu that irritaded skin ?does irritaded skin meens that there are microscopic litl wounds?? allso the razor he used must have been like 7 min minimum in the open air ,would the hiv virus have died off by then ?? i did not notice anny blood of thet person on the floor or sommethin ,im just verry scared that he did have a litl wound ?allso i want to make clear that the barber did not cut me! what he did was he scraped away the hair in my neck but maybe by scraping he damaged the skin a litl ,(irritation ,red ,maybe a litl but i mean verry verry litl bleeding ) do i need to get tested again???? it been only a few days that i did get a test? if this is a danger ,than i dont think its possible to live a normal life ,this might sound silly but if getting a hair cut can give a person hiv , than how can whe live a normal life without being scared every single day of our life , ???

please write me back , i really need some proffesional advice , kind regards!

Response from Ms. Breuer

What you describe is not a way that HIV is transmitted. Yes, I do encourage you to talk with a doctor who specializes in HIV so you can get reliable information from a source you can trust. I also encourage you to talk with a therapist who can help you to sort out the real and unreal fears about HIV. YOu don't have to keep living like this--but I don't think you're going to get adequate help on a website. Please take care of yourself by talking to a qualified doctor and a qualified therapist, okay?

Previous
Another CMV question
Next
does anxiety cause chills and sweats

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.