|Layed Off while on Disability. Can They do this?
Dec 11, 2001
I am going on my fourth month of long term disability from my job because of numerous HIV related issues. Everything has been going okay until today when I received a letter in the mail from my employeer that my position at the company has been eliminated. Can they do this? I was under the assumption that because I am on disability my position is secure until I am well enough to return to work. They are asking me to sign an agreement and return it to them. I'm not sure what I should do. Please Help.
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
Under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), an employer only has to hold your job for you for a period of 12 weeks. After that, the employer can replace you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Aching After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.