NO BLOOD

I work in a health care setting. I proceeded to draw blood from a hiv+ patient. I went in with the needle and could not hit a vein, when I took it out I noticed that it did not have any blood on it. I made a big mistake and pricked myself on the hand.Even if it was inside their body and came out with no blood , could hiv still have been transmitted to me.

Response from Ms. Breuer

If you did not push down the syringe (if you did not inject any needle contents into your own body) then you did not risk HIV transmission. YOu did risk hepatitis B transmission. May I assume from your job that you have been vaccinated against hepatitis B? If not, please start the sequence of vaccinations now.

foreplay danger?
PLS ANSWER ME! THANX!