Should people who have AIDS be tagged?

Hello, Recently I got the assignment to make a research on people`s opinion on the following topic:"Should people who have AIDS be tagged",so I would like to hear a proficient opinion and arguements on that topic. Please,if you could help me...

Response from Ms. Breuer

Tagged? Tagged with what? Do you mean "identified", as in "for everyone to see"? For what purpose? What would change? And for whom would it change? And if you were HIV-positive, how great an idea do you think this would be?

Some folks will go to extraordinary lengths to avoid personal responsibility for their own risk behavior, but this idea has always struck me as extraordinarily lazy and thoughtless and discrimination-enhancing, not to mention cruel. In my opinion, those who want people with AIDS (but what about HIV-positive?) to be publicly identified a)haven't spent 15 seconds considering what their life would be like if they somehow became infected and b)are advertising their own childish refusal to take responsibility for their own decisions about sex and drugs. I realize you have been assigned this topic and didn't invent it, but please understand that after 15 years in HIV work, sometimes I'm tempted to reply, "Should people who make cruel, discrimination-encouraging assignments be tagged"?

Do I have AIDS?
Medical workplace Issue