Treatment interruption & ADAP

I have been on ADAP for several years. I have stop meds STI, for 6 months and still there. When I go back on meds, will I be considered a new applicant? I wonder if I will have trouble since funds are depleating.

Response from Ms. Donnelly

How you apply for ADAP and how long you remain an active client depends on what state you live in. It is true that in some states limited funding may be causing difficulty for new applicants. Not all states are currently facing that situation, although the proposed federal funding for the next fiscal year is inadequate and may put more state programs at risk.

If you would like to find out how your state handles ADAP, and whether you are still eligible, contact the state ADAP office or your local AIDS service organization. Contact information for ADAP is available through the Project Inform hotline at 1-800-822-7422 or through the AIDS Treatment and Data Network at www.aidsinfonyc.org/network/access. The Project Inform hotline operators can also give you contact information for local organzations that may be able to assist you with your questions.

Medical Expenses of Deceased Lover
Non Immigrant