|I'm loosing my mind: Please HELP!
Nov 6, 2001
I was pricked by a needle, I dont think there was any blood on it.If my test is neg. in 3 mo. can I put it to rest.
Response from Ms. Breuer
If there was blood ON it, your primary risk would be hepatitis B. If there was blood IN it, you would be at risk for HIV only if you depressed the syringe and the needle's contents entered your body. If your HIV test is negative at 3 months, you probably have not been infected. Double-check at six months. In the meantime, if this is truly causing you mental anguish, please get counseling from an HIV-savvy counselor.
hiv in stored blood
four months after needlestick injury, please advise
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- Is Having Hpv Worse Than An Std?
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Vomit?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.