I'm loosing my mind: Please HELP!

I was pricked by a needle, I dont think there was any blood on it.If my test is neg. in 3 mo. can I put it to rest.

Response from Ms. Breuer

If there was blood ON it, your primary risk would be hepatitis B. If there was blood IN it, you would be at risk for HIV only if you depressed the syringe and the needle's contents entered your body. If your HIV test is negative at 3 months, you probably have not been infected. Double-check at six months. In the meantime, if this is truly causing you mental anguish, please get counseling from an HIV-savvy counselor.

hiv in stored blood
four months after needlestick injury, please advise