handshake followup

you were kind enough to put in perspective my odds of contracting HIV from one handshake--zero....but I am horrified that I may have been at risk of HEP-C..which you failed to mention....again~here's the scenario-I had small-48 hour old pencil~eraser sized cut~not bleeding-yet not closed ~on palm at base of thumb...brief handshake...Been vaccinated for HEP-B..frightened over HEP-C..no cure...thanks~again..

Response from Ms. Breuer

Hep C is harder to transmit than Hep B, is rarely transmitted sexually, and seems to prefer needles. In short, it's harder to acquire than hep B. What you describe runs a Hep c risk about the same size as the HIV risk, in my opinion. In the interest of full disclosure, I do know less about hep C than about HIV. But "not bleeding" and "48 hours old" means you had already begun to heal. It wasn't an open cut. Please ease up on yourself...this is not a transmission scenario, okay?

Just a comment
Tinnitus! Please Help Me!