Sustiva and Drug Testing INFO FYI....

Just a comment on the Sustiva and drug testing issue of a positive reading of THC showning. I know this has been brought up several times. Recently when I did my pre employment Drug Test and Physical I contacted Dupont for information concerning the false positive reading sustiva can give on a Drug Test. They sent me a brochure that identified drug analysis methods used that would show a false positive reading and drug analysis methods that would not show a false positve reading for THC. This I took with me and showed the doctor that would be verifying the results and also ensured that the information that is passed onto my new employer is just the results from the Drug Test and Phsical and verified with him my HIV information would remain confidential with him and the clinic I had these precedures done at and that all paper work will remain confidential and in their files. Also listed below are the simplified procedures that should be used if you do test for something positive on a Drug Test. 1. Medical Review Officer (MRO) contacts the TESTER if it comes up positive in the Drug Test. If employee has a valid prescription for the drug detected then the MRO reports results as negative (so they are not in violation of the Americans w/Disabilities Act). 2. If there is no valid prescription, then the MRO reports as a positive. Usually the MRO will also verify the prescription with the Dr. that prescribed the drug. And thanks for all your work and dedication to this board, just reading the Q&A's have helped me tremendously over the last few years.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Thank you so much! I've been in touch occasionally with folks at DuPont when Sustiva questions have arisen, but didn't receive this kind of detail. I'll draw on this when others have questions.

What you've done is a model of being proactive to prevent problems and discrimination in the workplace. I salute you, and hope more people benefit from your example. It breaks my heart to work with people who have disclosed because they thought they had to and have then suffered discrimination or even job loss at the hands of uninformed employers. Strength to you!

RE: sorry another toilet question
handshake