RE: sorry another toilet question

Dear Nancy,

I'm so sorry to write you one more time. I don't want to be one of those people that annoy you with the same subject. But...Just to clarify one thing...The amount of blood in the underwear according to my husband, was about a 1/4 of a tea spoon. Does that quantity change your mind any?

And I do promise, this will be the last time I bother you with this subject.

Thanks so much.

Response from Ms. Breuer

No bother. 1/4 teaspoon absorbed into cotton does not sound like a reason for concern to me. But I'm glad you wrote back. Have you ever received the vaccine against hepatitis B? It's a little different in that it's easier to transmit, especially in contact with wet blood. Why don't you seek your health care provider's advice about the hepatitis B shots in light of this contact? (That's a suggestion, not a question.) If I've recommended this before, please forgive the repetition. It's just that it's easy to focus on HIV to the exclusion of other bloodborne pathogens, and hepatitis B is more common than HIV.

Take care!

Aids and the work place
Sustiva and Drug Testing INFO FYI....