RE: sorry another toilet question

Hi Nancy, Thank you for your very quick response.

Over much soul searching...I and my husband have decided against me having a HIV test, after what happened in the restroom. I'm not 100 percent sure the blood even touched my mucous membranes. and in the underwear there were only maybe 2 or 3 drops of blood. So if the virus is as fragile as I've heard, (after it being on the toilet, then to my underwear) I feel the virus (if any) Had to be so weak or totally broke apart) My husband really thinks I've let my fears run wild.

So how do you feel about it Nancy? Do you think I'm being logical or stupid?

Thank you so much. You truly are a wonderful person for doing what you do. I hope you realize how important you are to people like me

Response from Ms. Breuer

Given the additional information and the absorbent quality of most underwear, I'm voting with you. A test under these circumstances does seem unnecessary. It seems I responded without asking the vital quantity question.

I think you're being logical, and I am so grateful that you've written back to provide more information. People like yourself who write in to this site with genuine concerns are not just emails to me; you are vulnerable, real people whose outcomes I care about. Thank you so much for your supportive comments. Volunteers run on such fuel!

aids and the work place
Aids and the work place