I feel that this is a violation of my client confidentiality rights.

Does an HIV dental clinic (Bering Dental Clinic) have the right to disclose my first and last name to others in a waiting room by calling my name out loud? I feel that this is a violation of my client confidentiality rights. From Houston Texas October 19, 2001

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am not sure how the clinic can call you without calling out your name. This is a common practice in dental offices, doctors offices, etc. This occurs in most medical practices, including ones that are disease specific. If you don't want them to call out your name, discuss this with them and try to work out a way by which they can tell you that you wil be taken into the doctor.

Cut by sharp object
Aids and the work place