|I NEED AN ANSWER PLS.
Oct 18, 2001
I AM RECENTLY DIAGNOSED AS HIV POSITIVE, WILL THE IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION WILL STILL GRANT ME AN IMMGRATION STATUS EVEN IN MY MEDICAL SHOW MY HIV STATUS. WILL THIS BE A HINDRANCE FOR ME TO ACQUIRE MY IMMIGRANT STATUS? PLS. HELP, I NEED AN ANSWER. WILL A PERSON WHICH IS HIV POSITIVE STILL CAN WORK IN A HEALTH CARE? PLS. I NEED YOUR ANSWER?
| Response from Dr. Boyle
I would suggest that you contact a local GMHC or legal aid lawyer regarding your problem with immigration. HIV does pose some problems with immigration but that is not an absolute bar and you should get legal advice regarding the appropriate steps for your unique situation. HIV-infection is not a bar to a person working in health care, although some precautions must be taken.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.